Monday, February 15, 2021

My First O scale Loco building project (part 1)

 With a serious cold snap spreading across the USA. I was gifted with a day off work due to the intense cold (minus 40 Fahrenheit wind chills). So I set about making a start on the DS499 body.

It's a fairly simple box shape. The biggest problem is the big protrusion on the body weight that sits where one of the engine compartments is. It has to go. It's a long job to cut that off.

This side view shows how much of a problem that weight is

A cardboard mock up of a possible bonnet shape

The weight is also compromising the width of the bonnet.
I shan't be shaping the weight to make a better shape.

It's a simple enjoyable project to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I’m going to build me a station (or a garden shed)

Right now, the temptation is getting a bit too much to resist. Wingham Canterbury Road calls too strongly. These stills from the Pathé newsr...