Sunday, April 11, 2021

A well travelled read

I had this book recommended to me while researching building a model of the Padarn Railway's Hardy Petrol locomotive. 

Yes, I know the Padarn Railway is 4' gauge but it's a locomotive full of character and by some amazing coincidence, a book seller in St. Paul, MN had a copy for sale for not many dollars. I figured that was a sign, and ordered the book. 

Now, St Paul is just over 50 miles from my home. But for some reason the book travelled over 700 miles to get to me. First it travelled to Des Moines, Iowa and back (250 miles in each direction). Then it shuttled between the St. Paul and Minneapolis sorting offices for another dozen miles or so. After that, it then journeyed out to Crystal Lake, MN and back (145 miles) before its final journey from the Minneapolis office to my home on the Prairie. Whew! What a trip!


The book was worth it for it has a drawing of the loco in there. So that will be next scratch building project for Nogg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think I’m going to build me a station (or a garden shed)

Right now, the temptation is getting a bit too much to resist. Wingham Canterbury Road calls too strongly. These stills from the Pathé newsr...